Gopchangjeongol, Beef Tripe Hot Pot, 肥肠火锅, コプチャンの寄せ鍋, 곱창전골
Ingredients (serve 4)
4 kalopanax branch (1 oz, 30g), 10 cups water (2.5L), 1 lb (500g) pork, 1 tablespoon doenjang (soy bean paste), ⅓ oz (10g) sliced ginger, 4 tablespoons rice wine, 8 cups water (2L), 1 oz (30g) large green onion, 1 spicy green chili pepper (½ oz, 15g), 2 oz (60g) Korean chives
– Spicy seasoning 4 tablespoons gochut-garu (red chili pepper powder), 2 tablespoons gochu-jang (red chili pepper paste), 1 teaspoon minced ginger, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, salt as needed, pinch of ground black pepper
– Side dish perilla powder, saeu-jeot (salted shrimp)
1. Place the kalopanax branch and 10 cups water in a large stock pot. Bring to boil over low heat for 30 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, add 8 cups water, quartered pork, doenjang, sliced ginger and rice wine. Bring to boil over high heat for 30 minutes. Pierce the pork with a knife. If the pork is done, remove it and then slice.
3. Slice the green onion and spicy green chili pepper. Cut the Korean chives into 1-inch (2.5-cm) long segments.
1. In a large saucepan, put the kalopanax branch broth, spicy seasoning ingredients and sliced pork. Bring to boil over high heat.
2. Add the green onion and boil for a minute. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Heat an individual earthen pot. Ladle the soup into the pot. Place Korean chives and the spicy green chili pepper on the top.
4. Serve with perilla powder and saeu-jeot.
There are no reviews yet.